Want to know about Deaf Awareness?
By the end of the day, your staff will have learnt the following:
- Communication and Deaf people
- Personal and cultural experiences of individuals
- Terminology – ways of describing Deafness
- More about the action that can be taken to reduce the barriers
- How to use basic sign language
Sound Solutions was set up in 2009, starting with a shop in Lancaster and eventually expanding to Burnley, Preston and Blackburn. Sound Solutions was set up when we identified that there were little or no services where people with hearing loss could try equipment at home before making the decision to buy the product. With our unique ‘try before you buy’ offer you will be confident that you have chosen the product that suits your needs.
Volunteering for ELDS is fun – this is what our volunteers tell us! Volunteering makes a change in the community, and it offers a lot for you too. You will meet a diverse range of people, which expands your network of contacts. Contact us: 01254 844550 or email: email@example.com